In-person Worship this Sunday, September 12
- 8 a.m. (English) - quiet, contemplative Eucharist without music in the Church.
- 9 a.m. (English) - family-friendly Choral Eucharist in the Church.
- 9 a.m. (English) - Children’s Chapel with Communion. For now, we are offering Children’s Chapel outdoors on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month
- 11:15 a.m. (English) - a more formal Choral Eucharist in the Church.
- 11:15 a.m. (Spanish) - Holy Eucharist with music from the Latino tradition in Nourse Hall (same building as the Church). Bulletins are bilingual for interested English speakers.
Online Worship for Sunday, September 12
- The worship services in English and Spanish can be accessed beginning at 8 am Sunday morning by visiting our website and clicking on the large image entitled "Worship from Home," or on our YouTube channel.
- The full set of readings in English is here.
- The English Order of Service bulletin is here.
- Here is a link for some children’s activities especially for this week's scripture readings.
- You may donate online by clicking here.
- Nuestra misa grabada para este domingo, está disponible aquí.
- Si quieres ofrendar a través de nuestro sitio web, puedes encontrar aquí una explicación paso a paso de cómo hacerlo.
- We remain masked at all times (unless we have a speaking part during the service).
- We do not drink from a common cup (consecrated wafers will be distributed to all who wish to receive).
Outdoor Children's Chapel and Sunday School Update
Sunday, September 12 - 9am Chapel, 10:15am "Open House" & Registration
PreK to 5th Grade Classes Start September 19th
To register for Sunday School online, click HERE.
For more on Godly Play, the curriculum we use with our kids, click HERE.
Questions? Contact the Rev’d Emily Griffin.
Youth Classes Registration (6th-12th grades)
Open House on September 12, Classes start September 19
We are making plans to have the safest places possible for our youth in person classes, and masks are required all the time.
To register for Youth Classes online, click HERE.
Questions? Contact the Rev. Yoimel González Hernández.
Adult Formation Opportunities - Register now!
Group one (beginning September 29) will meet on Wednesday evenings from 7-9pm. Group two (beginning October 14) will meet on Thursday mornings from 10am - noon. Registration is required and participation is limited to twenty persons. For more information and a full meeting schedule for each group contact the Rev’d Jim Quigley Registration deadline: September 22.
Education for Ministry (“EfM”): Explore Your Place in the Christian Tradition with a Small Group
The enrollment fee for the year is $380; scholarship funding is available. Registration for this year’s program closes soon. For more information contact Rich Jensen or Margit Williams.
In our GIFT offering, Young Adults gather twice a month on Tuesday evenings to Grow In Faith Together. This fall, GIFT participants will be discussing Jesus the Forgiving Victim, by James Allison.
GIFT begins on Tuesday, September 21, from 7-8:30pm. To register, contact the Rev’d Geoffrey Hoare.
Sunday Morning Bible Study
Wednesday Morning Bible Study
Adult Enquirer’s Class
Mondays, October 4,11,18, 25 and November 1,8 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET. Registration is required: Contact The Rev’d Jim Quigley Deadline for registration is September 29.
***Currently all Adult Formation Meetings are held online on Zoom.
Welcoming Afghan Allies
The Episcopal Diocese of Washington and Episcopal Migration Ministries have partnered with Lutheran Social Services (LSS) in a collective response to the Afghani crisis. As of this week, Lutheran Social Services has welcomed 626 allies to the DC Metro area to homes in three main resettlement sites: Hyattsville, MD, Fairfax, VA, and Dale City, VA. Upon arrival, refugees are greeted at the airport, transportation to homes is provided and caseworkers addressing multiple needs are assigned. A short video of the welcoming process and services provided can be found here. To date, LSS has received 4,500 volunteer applications. A volunteer application form can be found and submitted here. Please note that it may take LSS and its subsidiary, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) two or more weeks to respond to your volunteer application.
St. Alban's will be collecting Mustard Seed contributions for refugee resettlement through September 19. Checks can be sent to the church (please include Afghan Mustard Seed in the memo line) and online donations can be made here.
Click here to read our weekly eNewsletter, This Week at St. Alban's.