Worship for the Second Sunday in Lent
- The worship services in English and Spanish can be accessed beginning at 8 am Sunday morning on our YouTube channel.
- The full set of readings in English is here.
- The English Order of Service bulletin with The Great Thanksgiving is here.
- The shorter English Order of Service bulletin is here.
- Here is a link for some children’s activities especially for this week's scripture readings.
- You may donate online by clicking here.
- Nuestra misa grabada para este domingo, está disponible aquí.
- Si quieres ofrendar a través de nuestro sitio web, puedes encontrar aquí una explicación paso a paso de cómo hacerlo.
Grappling with Racial Injustice
St. Alban’s Engages presents:
Slavery & the Old School Tie: Shouldering Responsibility for an Alma Mater’s Role in the Slave Trade.
Tuesday, March 2, 7-8 pm
Our four-part series began with the personal story behind Katrina Browne’s discovery of her ancestor’s complicity in the slave trade. Session two continued with a presentation on ways that individuals can work to form new personal narratives that can bring us closer to becoming the beloved community. This coming Tuesday, in our third session of Grappling with Racial Injustice, we will learn about what institutions and institutional leaders can do for future generations as they mitigate the often-racist histories of their past. Our presenter, Richard Cellini, will tell us about Georgetown University’s deep complicity in the antebellum slave economy and discuss the possible implications for Georgetown and other esteemed institutions of higher learning today. We hope that you can join us.
An email with a link to the presentation will be distributed via the St. Alban’s email distribution list the day before the event. To add an email address to our list, contact Charles Porter. For information regarding the series, email Jim Quigley.
St. Alban’s Vestry News
February 24, 2021
- The first business of the evening related to comprising the 2021 Nominating Committee and then acting on nominations for Officers and Committees.
- Two bylaw amendments were discussed for possible action at the 2022 Annual Meeting.
- The Vestry approved the budget for 2021.
- Junior Warden Ted Swett reported to the Vestry on continuing work toward upgrading the HVAC systems in the church and Nourse Hall and in Satterlee Hall.
- To fund the HVAC work and other repairs and upgrades to make St. Alban’s able to more safely reopen, the Vestry formally approved moving forward with the anticipated capital campaign for the purpose of regathering safely with an initial goal of raising at least $1,750,000.
- Diocesan Delegate Barbara Manard reported out about the 2021 Convention.
Thursdays, 5:30 PM
Join us for a time of reflection and sharing at the conclusion of a busy day. If you would like to join the service, here is the link. The order of service for the Rite II liturgy can be found in the Book of Common Prayer starting at page 115. It is also available in a pdf version to download here. If you would like to share as either a leader or a reader, please contact Paul Brewster or Emily Griffin.
Sunday Classes for all Ages
Zoom Sunday School/Godly Play - Sundays 10:30 to 11 a.m.: We offer 2 classes at the same time – one for PreK to 2nd Graders and one for kids in 3rd to 6th Grade. The Zoom links will be sent out in our weekly parent email. To sign up for this list, register your child here. Questions, email the Rev'd Emily Griffin.
Youth Classes via Zoom - Sundays, 5:00 p.m.: We will have time to pray, learn, talk and know each other and we hope you can join us in this new season of our Youth MInistry at St. Alban´s. Please register online here. You can contact the Rev. Yoimel González Hernández if you have any questions.
Zoom Sunday Morning Bible Study - 10:00-11:00 a.m.: Participants will read excerpted portions of the entire Bible, beginning with Genesis and concluding with Revelation. The text for the course is The Path. To register, email the Rev'd Jim Quigley.
Zoom Children’s Chapel
2nd & 4th Sundays, 9:00 a.m.
Until we are able to regather in person, we have decided to offer Zoom Children’s Chapel on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month at 9:00 a.m. Here children experience worship at their pace and in their language, through story, prayer and song. All children, their families, and our adult leaders are welcome. To join the parent or leader email list and receive the Zoom link, email the Rev’d Emily Griffin
Click here to read our weekly eNewsletter, This Week at St. Alban's.